How To Store Goods In The Logistic Warehouse
With the increasing trend of online shopping associated with the development of logistics industry, goods are shipped quickly from sellers to customers without passing other intermediaries such as shops, showrooms or agents, ... What makes the attraction of logistics industry? How to effectively manage logistic warehouses is a big question for those who are intending to venture into this field. Let's take a look at some of the helpful information below for effective methods of managing a logistics warehouse!
What is warehouse management?
The warehouse is a place to keep lots of goods and things that need handling, adequate inventory and quality assurance. This is quite a difficult job. However, if you use the right support tools, it will help the job become easier and more effective.
The main task of a warehouse manager is usually to check the documents required to import / export goods with the regulations, monitor goods, ensure that the goods must have a minimum inventory level, arrange goods in the warehouse to avoid getting wet, broken ... For goods with dates, they must follow the principle of first in first out first (FIFO). Compliance with the provisions of fire safety and safety in the warehouse, periodic inspection of cargo shelves.
Well-managed warehouses will help the production process go smoothly, save costs and time and increase productivity for other stages.
What is logistics warehouse ?
Logistic is commonly understood. Logistic includes many stages, different jobs: delivery, storage, transportation, paperwork, packaging, ... Logistic warehouse plays an important role in the distribution chain of goods of enterprise:
- Maintain a stable supply
- Save transportation costs, production costs
- Manage quality and quantity of goods well, avoid loss
- Give customers a better service experience by quality assurance goods
- Bring differentiation, create competitive advantage
Classify and manage logistic warehouses
Depending on the type of goods that will need different management, we will classify logistics management into:
- Warehouse management components: all input materials and half-finished products of sub-stages will be concentrated in this warehouse and used for later stages.
- Warehouse management products: focusing on finished products, the final stage of the production line, preparing for shipment.
- Warehouse management packaging materials: this is a warehouse of materials including nylon, packaging, pallets, lanyards, used for goods packaging, pallet packaging.
However, depending on the situation of each company, the classification of warehouses will vary. It can be divided into distribution chains such as transshipment warehouses, national non-urban storage warehouses, industrial warehouses, distribution warehouses, construction materials warehouses.
Optimal solution for logistic warehouse
For enterprises and shops, warehousing is an extremely important part which bring great benefits for businesses. Therefore, the investment in quality and scientific warehouses is an urgent task in the construction stage of warehouses and warehouse systems.
Warehouses need to ensure easy-to-find and scientifically arranged. The two most important factors in a warehouse are the shelves and the forklifts. Forklift helps move goods in and out of the warehouse, lift pallets to the right position to arrange, import and export goods quickly. Goods need to be kept in a high, cool place, so we need to have shelves. Besides, the warehouse needs to ensure the fire prevention equipment. The company also want to create a cool space to ensure the quality of goods and a comfortable working environment for workers in warehouses.
The importance of warehouse management in logistics
Effective logistics operations will help businesses:
- Minimize the cost of managing, shipping and distributing goods.
- Proactively arrange the transportation of similar-sized shipments, transportation routes to help reduce the cost of products.
- Maintain large inventories, provide stable supplying for the store. Ready to deliver whenever customers want.
- Fast delivery, good product quality
Above are some sharing in effective warehouse management solution in logistics. Hope this will be useful knowledge for you. Wish you succeed soon!